Monday, December 01, 2003

It's seems amazing that another week has gone by again. What have I done during this last week that disappeared from my life? It's hard to capture it beyond saying that I worked, and I worked one extra day last week, which means I had one less day off. You lose track of time when you have to work too much. It's not good.

The days pass especially quickly during the holiday season.

And, yeah, I still have to prepare for the holidays. I haven't even begun to deal with my Christmas gifts. The holidays this year include a trip back to America to visit the family. I missed our annual shindig last year, the first one of my 33-year existence, so I'm looking forward to it. Three weeks of holiday fun encompassing Christmas and New Year's.

There's been quite a few changes in the family, too. I'm bringing my girlfriend, Angela, which will be the first time I brought a significant other to the sacred family Christmas affair; my sister had another baby, Wyatt, congratulations, Ang!; my brother's wife is pregnant; my parents bought a new car; my uncle Tom died, R. I. P.

How do you deal with these changes when you live 5000 miles away from the people you love? I don't know. I'm still working on it. Needless to say, I'm happy to be going to the old folks' home this year, closing another chapter on another year in our lives, celebrating with the people that care the most about me. I hope your holidays are as happy as I think mine will be. Overly sentimentally yours...

No comments: