Sunday, December 07, 2003

Tom arrived last Wednesday and we've been drinking and carousing too much for the few days that he's been here. We were supposed to go to Kyoto yesterday, but after waking at 3PM, we didn't really have the time to do anything which involved serious travel. Instead, we just walked around Umeda and looked at architecture and ate a nice bowl of ramen.

We took a night off from misadventure, last night, and we're going to Kyoto today. What about work? I'm, uh, sick. *coughs*

Tonight, we're going to a club. Dancing. Tom wants to meet some Japanese women. I'll simply be acting as a chaperone. Angela has to work in the morning, otherwise, she would be my date. I'm on my own tonight.

Fortunately, I have a day off tomorrow, so we're going all night. Not something I do that much anymore, but it's easy to lose track of time in this country and party until dawn, especially when you're inside a blackened club, numbed senseless by the strobes and pulsations and bass of the disco.

See you on the dancefloor.

No comments: