Wednesday, January 05, 2005

It's snowing right now, coming down heavy in large flakes. I would like nothing more than to stay home and observe the snow falling, but I have to catch the bus downtown to meet Angela and Paola. We're going to see an acrobatic show tonight, Paola's last in Beijing, and I'm looking forward to it. Paola stayed with us for 15 days and, although we were happy to have a friend around at the holidays, both Angela and I are looking forward to having our apartment to ourselves again, which is a little small for three people. We're still welcoming visitors, though, if you were thinking about visiting us.

Well, the new year is moving along and Winter is getting back to normal now that the holidays have had their fun. The holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year) are always strange when you live in a place where it's not celebrated. It's like we're part of a secret ritual that people here really don't understand. I haven't eaten turkey since I've lived in Beijing.

Anyway, with Paola in town, we've done quite a bit of sightseeing in the past few weeks, which should become evident in future posts as I add new blog entries to highlight some of our recent adventures, most notably, a trip to The Great Wall. Finally, after nearly five months in Beijing, we made it out to that wonder of China. I'll save further detail about it for my next post.

No comments: