Wednesday, January 19, 2005

OK. My job has finished for this week, a four-day week, which also concludes the semester. It finished as it does most weeks, by simply reaching the end. I have to go to school tomorrow, but we are just going to watch Disney movies in both of my classes, so no teaching or serious brain-power will be involved. The semester really ended last week when all of the students took their final assessment tests. We spent this shortened week reviewing, catching up and doing more fun activities. I still have to issue report cards for all of my students, due tomorrow morning, although that shouldn't take me too long to complete.

Now, I get almost one month of vacation, which is fantastic. I also receive a generous holiday bonus, which makes for a nice Chinese New Year's gift. I'm going to spend it all in one place, too! It's unfortunate that my vacation doesn't really coincide with any of our more cherished Western holidays, which would give the vacation an added importance, but that's simply how the fortune cookie crumbles. (Now that I think about it, I actually haven't seen one single fortune cookie since I've been in China, which seems awkward. Aren't they supposed to have fortune cookies here? I'll accept your answers by e-mail.) I'll take my holidays when I can get them, though. The world doesn't revolve around Western culture, as surprising as that may sound to some of you.

No comments: