Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Managed to outsmart my computer, which really seems like the slow dumb beast it is at times, and I'm going to ride this horse into the ground, but I won't get into the details of my small success. I'm just happy to be able to get in here again.

As I'd alluded in a previous post or two, I will finally be posting some pictures. Some of you, I know, are after those pictures of Italy, and some of you have even been lucky enough to receive a few from my private reserve already, but I really only have a few teasers for you now. You have to wait for the really good stuff. Consider it my way of keeping an audience.

I wrote almost every day during the trip, hoping to document all of the people and places we encountered. I could say I want to write a travel book, but as I presently have no books under my belt, it will just be my little someday secret. Does the world really need another travel book about that country, anyway? Nonetheless, that's what I did and it was well worth it.

Angela and me spent five days in Bologna. We took an overnight train from Putignano, sleeping with one eye open, and arrived early in the morning after about a seven-hour trip. It was my first trip North of Rome and I was excited. Bologna was a beautiful city and we had a great time there, spending most of our time in or around the center of the city, which made it seem small.

As pictured here, many of the walkways and fa├žades around the center of the city were adorned with these porticoes. It gave Bologna a unique appearance and looked particularly enchanting at night, when the city was quiet and the cobblestreets and criss-cross passages were exuding their orange light.

Well, that's about enough from this horse, tonight. Time to move on to bigger and better things, like sleep.

No comments: