Friday, April 22, 2005

Despite my recent knocks on the weather here, we've had two consecutive days of beautiful, sunny, clear weather. I hope it carries into the weekend even though I don't have anything special planned, aside from a softball game tomorrow. Accomodating weather would give Angela and me a reason to get out and do something together.

Yesterday, I went on a field trip with my students to the Beijing World Park, which is an amusement park in which there are many miniature recreations of famous places and things from around the world, such as The Statue of Liberty in New York, The Pyramids in Egypt and The Colisseum in Rome. Here's a picture of my third-graders and Ada, my Chinese assistant, waiting for their turn to go to the bus. It was quite an effort to keep everything organized as all of the primary school students went, as well as all of their teachers.

Here's a picture of me standing in front of the mini Moscow Red Square. The kids had a great time and I also had a great time keeping up with them and talking with them outside the classroom. We spent a few hours wandering around the park, running around a mini Stonehenge and crossing a replica of The Golden Gate Bridge, before stopping to see a live animal show with crocodiles and elephants. A woman put her head inside a crocodile's open mouth, which amazed the kids. After the animal show we found a nice place where everyone could eat before making our way to a 3-D movie theater. I think everyone was quite exhausted when we left after walking around in the sun all day. If you're wondering, I did cut my hair. Treated myself to a nice Summer buzz...

No comments: