Monday, April 11, 2005

Yesterday, as I mentioned in the previous post, I played my first game of softball in many years and had a great time on a beautiful Spring day. Actually, I can't recall if I've ever played softball before, but it was a fun way to spend my Sunday afternoon and I met some nice folks. I'm not quite as spritely as I remember and my arm strength, which was never really very good, was sadly lacking, but hopefully that will improve.We have another game next weekend.

Here's a picture of me digging in during the second inning, my first plate appearance of the day. The bat was too big for me and I ended up striking out. I didn't do too badly in the game, though, if I do say so myself, making a nice running shoestring catch in shallow right field and going 2-4 at the plate. Our team, which miraculously had the lead for the entire game, playing the feared "Renegades," fell apart in the final inning and we ended up on the losing end of things. None of us were too disappointed. We'll see how it works out next week.

No comments: