Friday, June 10, 2005

Seems like there's nothing much to report today, although I feel impelled to do so as I have a little spare time to kill before my student arrives for her lesson. It's been somewhat rainy all week, but not cold, and I guess we've reached the rainy season in Beijing. It was nice today, aside from the usual whiteout.

Bad morning at school today fighting approaching-weekend-restlessness among my students, which is the usual Friday malady. The afternoon improved slightly and I'm glad, as always, to have made it this far again. I will look for something interesting to do this evening when I finish with this entry.

One bright spark in my week was my appearance in the school's newspaper. They were highlighting my dedication to the job by showing me teaching my students during my lunch hour, which was nice. It doesn't even matter if the picture is about as small as a passport photo. It was also great, at least, to get some good PR for our department, which is not the most popular of departments at the school. The reasons why our department is not in the highest favor, fortunately, predates my arrival.

1 comment:

r said...

"The reasons why our department is not in the highest favor, fortunately, predates my arrival."

Oh, I don't think you can leave us hanging like that ...