Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Drip, drip, drop...

It has been raining steadily, but not too hard, all day here. It's a little unusual as it generally rains quite strongly for a few hours, at the most, and then quits. I didn't have anything better to do, so I just stayed inside and did inside stuff around the apartment. I wanted to go to the store to get a few sundry items, but it was raining just enough to keep me from going beyond the front door.

Plink, plunk, plunk...

Unless you look outside, you wouldn't even know it was raining as there's no sound of the rain falling. It doesn't make that sound and, really, it's just a quiet, thin rain that falls. Every now and then when a car passes, I can hear the water under its wheels, sssssshhhhhh, which is a dead giveaway. It's a nice peaceful sound.

It's still hot, though not uncomfortably so, and every so often a car horn breaks the mood. I'm just sitting here pressing these keys and listening to my neighbor's television as the fan whirrs at me.

No comments: