Saturday, November 26, 2005

A few weeks ago on a couple of the e-mail lists of which I am a member, I queried folks about which poetry (or other) periodicals they couldn't live without, online or otherwise. To where did people return to find the most interesting reads? The response was good enough to assemble a small list of the publications here. Although I was hoping for broader response, which partly reflects how interested folks were in responding to me, a relatively unknown posing a question which may have been ignored by many, I will go with what I have.

The list below represents the most popular periodicals, based on twelve responses. Believe it or not, some of these sites are actually blocked in this part of the world. Only periodicals which received at least two or more mentions are listed:
Big Bridge
Fascicle
H_NGM_N
Jacket
Mudlark
Shampoo
Tamafyhr Mountain Poetry
Unlikely Stories
All of these publications received at least one mention:
2 River View
Archipelago
Bitter Oleander
Blue Fifth
Can We Have Our Ball Back?
Diagram
Drunken Boat
Eclectica
Fulcrum
GutCult
Hambone
Horse Less Review
Kulture Vulture
Masthead
Minimalist Concrete Poetry
Moria
No Tell Motel
Octopus
Pavement Saw
Skanky Possum
Slope
Story South
Tarpaulin Sky
Turbulence
A few people also wrote that they were more interested in reading blogs and were returning to those places for more personal commentary and new links to examine. All things considered, I thought it a useful exercise for me and will try it again next year. Perhaps my rising fame will generate more responses when I breach this subject again in the future. Thanks to everyone who spent a few moments to zap me your responses and thoughts!

No comments: