Wednesday, November 09, 2005

It's cold outside and I'm getting a cold. My nose has been increasingly runny all day, which will eventually lead me to the Chinese pharmacy for some over-the-counter cure. Many of my students have colds and it's only natural that it eventually makes its way to the teacher. It's the end of the first quarter, report cards are due in the morning and I have a briefcase full of papers to grade and correct. It really doesn't get more exciting than that this week. Yes, I have a briefcase, if you must know. Black. It's really a kind of hybrid between a satchel and a briefcase.

I have to rush out the door in a minute to eat and then get over to The Bookworm so I can do my weekly thing there. None of my coworkers, who have supported the Literary Open Mic since its inception back in August, are coming tonight, but I'll trudge on without them. I always look forward to Wednesday nights, but it's hard to continue running the show with such a high level of excitement, especially after all of the hoopla last week, so I'm expecting a less enthusiastic crowd, but who knows. New people seem to turn up each week. I won't be hanging around long afterwards, though, as I usually do, as I have so much work to finish before the sunrises again.

No comments: