Monday, February 27, 2006

February is a short month and always seems to pass so quickly. It's been icy cold the past few days and a grey haze or fog hangs over everything now as the day gets still darker. There's nothing to read on China Daily. I get up every so often to go into the living room for a smoke or to think, away from the watchful e-eye going by the name of iBook. I fell asleep last night with recurring red lanterns in my head and this is developing into a poem...

I haven't really been avoiding this blog, but I'm still trying to get all of these ducks of mine lined up. Actually, I've been working on a couple of posts about e-mail newsgroups, but they're resisting my continued efforts to make them cohesive. Soon, he sayeth.

Otherwise, not much unusual going on in the three-dot capital, Beijing. Trying to get some people motivated to contribute to a variety of projects, which can be more of a chore than actually sitting down and finally accomplishing something. More about these as they develop.

The writerly life has been progressing nicely, though, despite my lack of attention in all other areas, as I've been writing heaps, submitting work regularly and organizing some manuscripts for publication. It's a good feeling. Trying to raise the bar on this book publishing game, which I've been sadly neglecting for too long. Wish me luck.

Well, I can't stretch this out any longer...

No comments: