Saturday, February 04, 2006

Putignano - Internet PointIt's amazing how easily Angela gets absorbed back into the daily routine at her parent's house, where we're staying in Putignano. She has taken up responsibilities in the kitchen, babysitting and running errands for her relatives as if she hadn't ever been away, nevermind that it's one year since our last visit.

I'm a little lost sometimes and, as a result, left to my own devices. Almost every day, I spend an hour or so reading the Italian comic book Dylan Dog as a way to practice my Italian (aside from being forced to speak it incessantly), but I can't read all day long. It's nice to loaf around her parent's house, but they (or other family members) are always near, and I can go a little stir crazy. I'm not complaining, and there are much worse ways to spend a vacation being waited on hand-&-foot. Anyhow, here I am at the Internet Point, which closes in a few minutes at 12:30PM (as do most of the other shops in Putignano during the early afternoon hours), after which I will return to eat with la famiglia.

Well, that's it for now. Just giving you this quick hit to let you know I'm still here. Talk to you soon.

No comments: