Friday, March 03, 2006

Bob at The BookwormI don't know if I mentioned this, but last weekend I was asked to have my picture taken. It was the second time in the last six months. My celebrity status is on the rise! I don't think I'm particularly photogenic, at least when I'm trying to take pictures of myself, but it's amazing what a more well-trained eye can do.

The first time was for an article written by Stacey Duff for the December issue of TimeOut: Beijing, a local ex-pat magazine, about the International Open Mic, which I host. Although my picture was never printed, my name was printed in the article, which is much as I could hope for out of some publicity for the still young event. I don't think you can read the article online, but I won't stop you from taking a look. I'm sure they'd be happy to count your hit. In any case, it wasn't a very pleasurable experience as everything I was asked to do was a little too staged.

Bob GThe owner of The Bookworm, Alex Pearson, who holds a number of other literary events on a weekly basis, aside from my wonderfully popular event, told me that she wanted to put a portrait of me on the wall along with portraits of all of the other guests who come and read or spoke at her incredibly popular establishment. Anyhow, these photos are two of the four Lucy Cavender, the photographer, sent me this morning. If you want to see the others, you can visit my photosite by clicking here. This experience was much more enjoyable than the previous one as Lucy was wonderful and friendly. She just let me be myself and any nervousness I had about the activity soon dissipated.

Enough yammering. Time to get ready for work...

No comments: