Wednesday, September 20, 2006

podcastJust beginning to filter through all of the audio I've recorded since June. In Italy, this is what you might hear when an accordion meets a subway train. Click the little POD thingy on the right side of this text. An acquaintance told me it had been done before, remarking, possibly, about my lack of originality in recording. Is that a reason not to do it again? I suppose I won't be the last one. It's fun and that's about as good a reason as any!

Had a nice little review of the International Open Mic at eChron (in the post dated September 13th), Drew Link's new blog, which, as his commentary suggests, seems to reach people who otherwise aren't poetry geeks like some of you. Not me. No, not at all.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Thanks for the link. I went to The Bookworm with absolute, unyielding skepticism. As I had written before, I had become jaded to the art world because of the underlying pretention that most of my collegues at the Art Institute seemed to exude. They made it seem as if art were simply a business; one in which participation was reserved only for those with prior connections to the art world or whomever could copy others' styles while making it seem their own.

I was very impressed to see the cohesive, yet incongruous participants there. It was really exciting to hear poetry in very different languages, from very different people, from very different social/cultural backgrounds. Somehow, somehow, this was pulled off in a way that was not in the least bit pretentious or intimidating. It was just a bunch of people with similar passions and interests sharing it with others in a common location. Very reassuring.

In other words, I look forward to coming back.