Monday, September 25, 2006

OK. It's ready! My first show back after my own personal summer of love. You can get into the new show now, tentatively called: The Countdown, by clicking on the ODEO PLAY button above. We'll either have or have not a newer name than this when the next show rolls out in a few weeks. Can't be too hasty about these things. Stick around, though, and I'll let you know when I can. As you can see from the picture on the right, this edition has something to do with Allen Ginsberg. A taste of things to come!

Despite my lackluster efforts, everyone else has worked quite hard to make this thing come together. Thanks, Angela, for supreme advice, confidence and patience, and Julie Carter and Luc Simonic, who always read brilliantly. I can't thank you two enough for your wonderful recordings. Also, welcome to Josh Hinck who fashioned the audio collages with his own music, mixing it up with samples taken from: Tombstone Canyon, 1932, directed by Alan James and The Outlaw, 1943, directed by Howard Hughes. Finally, none of this would happen without the might and magic of Didi Menendez who puts everything together in any weather. How can we lose?

Lastly, but not leastly, thanks to all y'all out there in e-listening land. If no one listened to the show, well, I guess we'd still be doing it, and, actually, since it has gone live I don't think anyone's downloaded it, so that means, I suppose, we're just lost in the cyberwastes...

2 comments:

Christine Klocek-Lim said...

Bob, I just wanted to thank you for your very kind words about my poem and also for picking it for the new miPOradio show. It was a thrill to hear Julie read and you speak about my work. Thank you. :-)

Bob said...

glad to hear from you, Christine... glad you liked the show and what i said about your poem... julie and the rest of the crew at MiPo are fantastic... fast-acting, too! stay tuned for more...