Sunday, October 08, 2006

Rainy, wet and cool this morning. Back to work today, Sunday. Yes, Sunday. In China, we always have to give some of our vacation time back after a holiday. It's not quite as bad as it sounds. The students are taking a field trip on Wednesday, which means a nice mid-week day off, so I suppose I can't really complain. Still, the prospect of an extended week for whatever reason is not cherished. Anyhow, nothing too exciting happening in these parts.

I once thought that updating my blog regularly would equate to retaining a steady readership but, pouring over site statistics, I've come to learn that's just not true. I notice a slight increase, two or three hits from the target location, after sending out my poems to a particular magazine, which is nice. I suppose it means that some of the editors out there are doing, at least cursorily, as much research as I am. Responding to newsgroup messages on listservers, however, seems to have the best results as, after posting a message with my cleverly embedded website address, there're usually a flurry of hits. That makes sense, too, as, if I'm part of a newsgroup, those people would obviously share some interest, if only tangentially, in what I'm doing.

There are more important things to worry about, though. My fantasy football team is going for its fifth straight victory this week. Wish me luck!

No comments: