Monday, December 25, 2006

Happy Holidays!

I hope everyone is having a pleasant holiday season. We foreign teachers enjoy a day off for Christmas today, but it's business as usual tomorrow. Unfortunately, we have to work this coming Saturday to make up for the off days we'll receive next week for the New Year. It seems like this time of year is busy in any part of the world, but I haven't forgotten you. I haven't kept you as informed as I should have this week but, even with my negligence, the site received many visitors yesterday. My lapses are only superficial, and I'll make it up to you somehow...

Beijing - Wangfujing - Department Store w/ Pink Christmas TreesAngela and me went window shopping in Wangfujing a few days ago. Wangfujing is the central shopping area for tourists and such with many fashionable name-brand shops and department stores. Here you can see pink Christmas trees hanging upside down above a department store entrance. There are usually plenty of interesting things upon which to look. More pictures of that adventure in the usual place...

To celebrate Christmas Eve, we went out for a nice dinner at Morel's (Santa visited us while we were eating!) yesterday evening after stopping in at a coworker's Christmas gathering and gift-exchange. We came away with a pair of Christmas toe-socks and a bag of potato chips! Angela's snoozing now while I write this and watch the grey haze materialize and brighten outside as morning continues to build to a cold Chinese omnipresent whiteness. We're planning on taking a walk later today in Beihai Park, but I don't think we'll be too upset if we never leave the apartment...

No comments: