Thursday, December 28, 2006

I Dream of You in Winter

Finally, in the serious no-joke throes and floes of winter. It's too cold to be in the elements without a scarf under my coat around my sensitive neck. I'm delicate despite your suspicions to the contrary. Still no snow, though, and, in the mornings, only the wonderful clear brightness of icy air and sunshine illuminating the otherwise colorless city. Tonight, after night upon night of crescent crescendo, a perfect lemon-wedge moon stinging the dagger air. In these, the shortest days of the year, the desire to sleep comes earlier and more often now claims Angela, but I'm fighting...

Never an end to internet woes as we continue to be foes rather than the other. I had been clicking along quietly for the past few weeks, but over the last three days our connection has been poor, sluggish or unresponsive. Noting it for posterity. Enough kvetching and on to more curious mundanities...

I look at my site statistics almost daily. Do they change so much in a day? Occasionally. There's some perverse obsession with bar graphs and search terms which keeps pulling me back, aside from the number of hits I'm culling from the wild blue web yonder. There are so many intrigues to follow. I find myself guessing who you are. You, my readers. Who is clicking in from Chile? How come my only friend in (city) hasn't visited? I'm looking for you!

Since Blogger has been unerringly available in China for the past few weeks, China has become my top country from which hits are received. Living in China, the most populous place on the planet, probably helps that somewhat, but my audience must be from more deeply-ingrained English-speaking places. Right? Mightn't (now there's a contraction I don't think I've ever tossed about) my few readers in China, and I know my coworkers aren't peeking in so it must be my fan base, be more dedicated than those of you back in the states? One can only guess. And, coincidentally, that's what I'm good at doing...

No comments: