Sunday, December 10, 2006

Beijing - Thanksgiving LeftoversI had something to say earlier, but have completely forgotten now that I have time to do it. It only bothers me because I generally have such nice things to say if I do say so myself. I'm sure I'll be able to do something with this. Nonetheless, the screen stares blankly back at me and Angela drifts off into dreamspace behind me. An enviable position. I'll be joining her soon...

Trying to keep my chin up as there seems to be an abundance of negativity around me recently. When it's Winter, this behavior feels even colder. Some well-timed negativity thrown into a busy day-to-day can really carve a hole. Especially during the holidays when folks like us are away from our families. Can't dwell on it.

On the Beijing tip, it has been nearly impossible to find real Marlboro cigarettes here for about the past month, maybe longer. You can find the fakey smokes, but those are awful, aside from something else unsettling about them. In the meanwhile, I've switched to something else. I know I should be quitting altogether and I am...

One thing I won't be quitting is DVD acquisition, although they have dried up in recent months, as well. Since we returned from our Summer wedding extravaganza, DVDs have been scarce. I know there was a big crackdown on knockoff DVDs a few months back, but I would have thought that things would have returned to normal by now. Beijing is a city in which it is difficult to quell the materialistic fancies.

Ah, well. Misery loves company...

No comments: