Friday, February 09, 2007

OK. I'll try and catch y'all up a little now that I'm back in e-action.

We left Beijing on a pretty typical grey-y Monday morning after watching Superbowl XLI. Happy we had found a direct flight to Rome, we flew into that fantastic city without so much as a turbulent burp, and stayed there for one night. The next afternoon, we took the Eurostar down to Monopoli where Angela's parents were waiting to take us to their home in Putignano. We'll kick it here with her parents until we can find a little apartment of our own.

So, everything's up and running in Italy, at least, partially. We're still recovering from jet lag, but otherwise feeling good. I have a few leads on temporary jobs here (not that many English speakers in Putignano!), which is good, and we'll see what happens here.

Happy to have regular and rapid internet access, although I don't have it at home yet. In the meanwhile, I'm moving between the town's only internet café and Angela's cousin's apartment. It's making me incredibly inefficient, but better than nothing. That's all for now. Talk to y'all soon and keep peeking in...

No comments: