Monday, February 19, 2007

Working from four different computers now, which is annoying. Using my old computer (slow) to dial-up (slower) from Angela's parent's apartment, which makes for a yawning but otherwise serviceable option. Using Angela's cousin's computer (AnnaLisa lives next door), but whenever the phone rings I lose the connection. Using my own new machine to crunch serious data and words and such, a pleasant experience but, alas, not wired. Finally, dropping Euro at the Internet Point. Not as economical, but more efficient and speedy.

Wherever I go, I can't seem to get warm. Isn't anyone else cold? These houses are made of stone!

I've been sick with a cold for the past few days and, therefore, resisting almost everything except that which selfishly pleases me. It doesn't make anyone around me very much happier, and I generally like to be around happy people, but I'm working on it. Today, the cold seems to have worn off quite a bit, now just a mushy, phlegmy, hanging residue in my facial orifices.

More Carnival. Yesterday morning was the final Sunday parade. There has been a parade every Sunday for the last three, and yesterday's was quite spectacular in terms of crowd size. The TV announced 50,000 people watched the parade. Indeed, when we left the apartment in the morning, the streets were crowded with both people and cars. Otherwise, the same that I'd witnessed the previous Sunday.

There's something happening tonight, although I'm not sure what it is. Angela's coming to get me and then we're going! Tomorrow, after one last hurrah parade, the carnival funeral will occur. We plan to dress up for that, the parade and the funeral, but I'll leave that suprise for my next post...

No comments: