Wednesday, March 28, 2007

After a few days of heavy downpour in grey, flickering lights, thunder that rattled the windows and doors, and lightning that jagged the sky, I lost access to the internet. Yesterday morning it just didn't work. I wasn't completely exasperated. It's refreshing to be free of the e-beast occasionally.

When I woke up this morning, it still didn't work. It was down for more than 24 hours and paranoiac visions of some kind of sugarplum Chinese internet intervention danced in my head. Angela had called our service provider yesterday and she reminded me that they said it would probably take two days to clear up the situation. I went about my business, coffeed, showered, and planned to hit the internet point just to check on things. I tried one last time before heading out the door and happily began to download 242 messages, which meant I could stay right where I was.

Two days would have been traumatic, also leading to excessive e-mail deletions, but it's all good now and I'm back at it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations :)

Bob said...

the drawbacks of having anonymous comments...