Thursday, April 26, 2007

Catching Up

I got paid on Monday, which was nice. I had forgotten about it. Even though I'm only earning a pittance right now, it covers the little money I've been frittering away on sweets and other incidentals. Angela and me went to the movie theater in the evening (movies are only two Euro every Monday) and watched Bobby, not a hot new movie, but we enjoyed it. The speech at the end of the movie was particularly interesting following in the wake of the Virginia Tech massacre.

Yesterday was Liberation Day here and so a holiday. The weather was grey and misty in the morning so we ate lunch in the apartment, but, by the end of lunch, the weather had cleared up spectacularly and the four of us rolled out in Vito's silver Peugeot to spend the rest of the daylight in countryside.

When I woke up this morning, it started thundering and began raining heavily. It has been off-and-on strong rain all day long.

No comments: