Friday, May 04, 2007

Baby Red Alert

Angela's snoozing blissfully at the moment. I haven't been able to lately, although afternoon naps are fairly regular occurrences in these parts for young, old and pregnant alike. The pregnancy has gone fairly smoothly, based on what little I know of women's pregnancies, and we've been happy for that. I'm sure Angela is happier about it than I am. I have been relatively unaffected aside from being on the receiving end of the mood-swings and other caprices of my better half.

We're just waiting impatiently for baby Vito to drop, now. We're hoping it will be tomorrow, which caps forty weeks of gestation and worry, but it's difficult to predict such things. All of us were certain it would happen after the next full moon.

Angela's sister's kids have been chicken poxed so they have not been coming over this week, and are unhappily quarantined in their apartment on the other side of town. Apparently, there's a serious risk to the health of newborn babies. It has added a layer of disappointment to things, but such is life. The chicken pox will fade away and everything will return to normal soon enough.

In the meanwhile, I'm ready to meet this event with all the digital technology I can muster. In case you were wondering, I'm ready to get involved with the parenting technology I was born with, as well, but more on that later.

No comments: