Friday, May 25, 2007

Vito's Rattle & Daddy Rattles On...

Sweet CuddlesWe went for a walk today and bought Vito his first toy. He didn't have any toys, yet! It looked something like the picture here. Apparently, the model we purchased is not available in the states (I ripped the picture from the English site, not the Italian site). That or we bought a discontinued model. In either case, it wasn't any cheaper. Vito can't do very much with toys, though, but we're pleased that he now has one. I'm sure there will be many more to grow bored with in his future.

If you've had a baby of your own, you know that just about all they can do for a while is sleep, cry, feed and expel. Even if you don't have a baby, you've probably observed this. My wife has a clear role in things. She has to feed the baby. I try to make myself useful. I can change the baby without making too much of a mess, but I avoid this. In any case, I don't think my wife likes the way I do it.

I can do one thing fairly well, though. On a daily basis, I must hold Vito. It's a good job for me. It becomes a quest for the best position in which to hold Vito, the position in which he magically stops crying. It has happened once or twice and, on those occasions, there's no one happier than daddy.

3 comments:

Torin said...

The rattle reminds me of baby toys made by Infantino. Last Christmas, based on the rave reviews at Amazon.com, I bought one (called Peek, Rattle, and Teether) for my cousin's baby.

Bob said...

Can there be very much difference among rattles?

Anonymous said...

hehe, love that toy!
I can remember my dad also bought me cute toies when i was a kid, but i can not remember if i would stop crying when he held me in arms :p