Monday, October 29, 2007

Back to Basics

I haven't forgotten you, but I've just been up to my neck in muck.

One month after arriving, I've finally found a job. I have been substitute teaching in Vacaville for the past three weeks, but now I'm an English teacher at Fairfield High School! I started today and I'm teaching 11th and 12th-grade English. It's been great so far and we're all much happier that I'm earning the daily bread. Unfortunately, I need to go back to school to get a teaching credential so I've enrolled in an online program at National University and started my first course this evening. Busy Monday! I'm up way past my bedtime...

Silveyville Pumpkin Patch w/ MomThe weather here in Vacaville has been superb! Indian summer in its full regalia. Vito is doing wonderfully. He has discovered that he can chew on his big toe! Angela and grandma have taken him to the library a couple times and we're getting ready for mom & Vito's first Halloween on Wednesday. We all went to the Silveyville Pumpkin Patch to pick out pumpkins. Trick-or-treat!

Now that I have a job, I'm hoping to get back on the blogging horse at bit more regularly. Obviously, with the new job and online coursework to complete, I won't have too much free time, but I'll try to squeeze a post in when I can. Glad you came back!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally!
Congratulations & best wishes for a bright future!
Silvia

MichiMik said...

Ciao! It's nice to know everything is fine!
Keep strong with your work and study!

A big hug to the 3 of you!
Marianna

Maile said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maile said...

Hi Bob!

Glad to hear you're doing so well! And Vito is adorable in that photo!

I'd really love to hear more about your experiences teaching in an American high school. Believe it or not, I'm teaching Chinese to sixth graders at the local middle school here (the same one I went to; my former French teacher hired me!). I find it to be very different from teaching in China. The kids think I'm super strict (I demand that they start class with a notepad and something to write with on their desks AND they to sit up straight) and I think that they, though unusually aware of lawsuit regulations, generally have a feeble understand of what being a student entails. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Send my to Angela and the bambino.

Maile

Daniel said...

Bob,

Glad to hear your back. Congrats on the teaching job! Good looking kid you got there. My brother never gave me your contact info, he never answers his phone!

Amy mentioned a dinner party with you and your family. Jason Cruces lives in Santa Rosa -- contact me so we can meet up sometime soon.

Best,

Dan Cooney
dcooney2@i.art.edu