Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Holiday Verge

We've been milking every ounce out of this Indian Summer here, surprised that it has been so nice for so long. Vacaville is quite beautiful in Autumn as the leaves change and fall as they always do. Seems a different place than the one in which I grew up. The weather snapped today, though, and I felt cold in the early evening. Time to get ready for Winter...

Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is already upon us. My life has been a whirlwind in the past few months. I haven't had any time for writing or reflection but, perhaps, this is a sign of more to follow. I've been spending every waking minute on either preparations for my English classes or assignments for my online class on The Diverse Classroom. I wink at my wife and son in passing...

Gone are the days of canned lessons and teaching assistants who really did all the work (as was the case in China). I'm responsible for everything in the classroom, now. It's challenging, but tremendously rewarding, as well. I'm enjoying the week off, although I've been working at home. Thanksgiving recess! You won't hear any complaints from me. I'm trying to get everything done by the weekend so I can have some uninterrupted family time before getting back on the horse for the stretch run to Christmas...

There should be a full house here this weekend with my sister's three kids and my cousin's daughter spending the night! We'll all be making the traditional excursion to the Silveyville Christmas Tree Farm on Friday to cut down a pine-scented decoration, and then returning home to turn the house into Christmas house! We live behind a street that's actually dubbed Candy Cane Lane at this time of year, because every house has a decorated exterior. So as far as Christmas in Vacaville goes, we're about as deep as you can get. Expect video!

That's all for now, folks. I don't know who reads this anymore, but I'm doing as much as I can at the mo. I need to pace myself...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still reading Bob! Good luck with everything!

Maile

Simona said...

Ciao ragazzi,
che bello vedere la foto di Vito e di Angela...sono contenta di sapere che state bene!
Io e Marco tutto ok, Natale in famiglia e anche lo scorso weekend con Carlo a trovare Francesco e Annalisa, amarcord...ci mancate tanto!
Adesso anch'io insegno inglese a Milano, Marco ha qualche opportunita' che speriamo si concretizzi col nuovo anno, tutto procede con lentezza e torpore, in un rilassato clima vacanziero.
Buone feste a tutti e buon 2008, spero di sentirvi!
Un abbraccio

CresceNet said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hi
[URL=http://blog.bakililar.az/Botshark/]Buy Tramadol Online[/URL]