Friday, January 25, 2008

Getting Back on the Horse

It's hard to believe so much time has elapsed since my previous post. I haven't done this in a while. It feels strange, but I've come back, at least, temporarily. I don't anticipate being able to make more than one post per week in the coming weeks, but I won't make any promises one way or another and spare myself that potential failure...

Life is good. After a less than restful holiday trip to Italy for Christmas and New Year's, Angela, Vito and me have returned to the USA and moved into our own apartment, finally. We're getting settled in slowly, and I'm starting to reconnect with friends and such...

It's raining steadily here in the real California world now as I tap this onto the good old cyberskin. It has been raining incessantly all week and should continue through the weekend. I can't complain about it, though. After living abroad for so many years, I appreciate California much more. Since we returned here a few months ago, the weather has otherwise been splendid...

Being a father, a husband, a son, a grandson, a student and a breadwinner has kept me busy. Rewarding enough roles in and of themselves. All the juicy poetry stuff that was had come to a grinding halt, but I've been resuscitating that part of me a bit more, lately. I'm starting a poetry club at my school! The project may not sound glamorous enough to you, but I'm excited about it. It will take a while to get back to full speed but, with new priorities and a calmer outlook, things are moving back into place...

I added a translator on the sidebar over there

1 comment:

Bob said...

Thanks for the corrections, all... It seems that people are still reading this blog...

I spelled Vito's name wrong, if you must know... I don't feel bad about it, though... Angela's middle name is Vita and she was named after her father...