Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Aren't You Voting?

This is the most historic election in our country's history! Surely it has some impact on your life.

Who's the real maverick? What?! You know what's good for you, but does this country know? Don't be a pretender. Cast your vote!

I should be doing something productive, but I'm not. Well, I'm not preparing for school tomorrow, anyway. I've been sitting in front of the computer all evening.

About five weeks ago, I joined a bowling league. I'm on a team with another couple. Out of twelve teams, we're twelfth. My fantasy football team is 4-1, though.

Working on the next Realia poem. I think it's ready to go, but I like to let them simmer for a few days before unleashing them.

I've been in touch with many old friends recently, reconnecting after long absences. It's nice...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just because someone doesn't vote doesn't mean they are a pretender. Sorry you felt like you had to comment on your blog after our conversation, but we are 2 different people with 2 different opinions!

Bob said...

You are correct about being a pretender. Clearly, I was not talking about you.

It's a shame you took offense to my remarks. Perhaps, there is some truth in them...

Do you know that some people don't have the right to vote? Do you know that, at one time, women could not vote? Do you know what kind of example you set for your family? Your friends? Your community?

And one more thing... I am more than two different people! Speak for yourself next time!