Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mmm-Mama

I thought more time had passed between this and my previous entry, but it really hasn't been so long. We're watching the "live" Neighborhood Ball on television. The television has been blasting parades and inauguration reruns since I got home from work. I never watched so much inaugural yahoo before, but I think I'm exceeding capacity...

Speaking of television, while flipping through channels last night, Vito caught a glimpse of Obama and let me know by saying our new president's name. I wasn't surprised that Vito could recognize Obama, but that he could recognize him so quickly. He can't quite get the name out perfectly, though, and it sounds a little like Mmm-mama. I'm guessing that's a combination of Obama and his other favorite word: mamma. I use the Italian spelling for obvious reasons...

This morning, I brought my second period class to the library to watch the Inauguration and we arrived just in time! Aside from the star attraction, I was happy to see Elizabeth Alexander read the poem she wrote for the occasion.

Everyone seems to be discovering Facebook these days, and I'm realizing that there're only six degrees of separation from me and my high school acquaintances...

No comments: