Sunday, February 22, 2015

What to do next...

I'm at the little black desk in our Doha bedroom and Angela is wheezing in her sleep behind me. The wind is blowing dust and such, the floors are all slippery with it, and I'm excessively itchy and scratchy and uncomfortable. A few hours ago, lotion made my arms feel better, and I smell fresher, but my face and eyes are irritated. I'm ready for bed.

I went into the kitchen to look for something to eat, and popped a few SweetTarts Hearts--leftover unwanted Valentine's day candy--for a bit of a sugar rush to keep me going for a little while longer.

It's late and I should be grading papers or writing recommendation letters or lesson plans, but I'm blogging. My shoulder hurts from holding my arm in a strange position in front of the computer, and my wrists feel tight from typing. I hold my head in the palm of my hand, elbow on the table, and think about what to do next...

No comments: