Sunday, April 17, 2016

myself

and I blame the presidency
outright and naked challenges light
kiss the bustle of the street
to feed the ghosts in

procreant and world fact book
and the indifference of a man or woman
who loved walking through the clouds
in your faith in this area

not the best of all of you put my feet on the road
drive in the world hieroglyphic
like a child who collapses to the ground
dead art

flying over the bloody floor of the bedroom of his stardom
to act quickly
and mountains papers together
and I read in my life with the letters and gold in the dust

in the ice in the semi-dark hour removed
the layers of the spirit
on the night of the big stars of the sea
just my list of things

--

Jeff Griffin's Impromptu #17, which you can read about in detail at The Found Poetry Review's blog. Multiple translations of fragments of Walt Whitman's "Song of Myself".